about rehabilitation services:
Why you are here:
You have been discharge from formal insurance based rehab services (Chiropractic and/or Physical Therapy) but are still not where you want to be.
You know we don't accept insurance and you are still interested in our services.
injuries commonly seen are:
- Muscle Strains
- Various forms of tendonitis (i.e Achilles & Rotator Cuff)
- Patellar-femoral syndrome (Knee pain)
- Shoulder impingement - (Shoulder Pain)
- Medial & lateral epicondylitis ("golfer's & tennis" elbow)
- Spinal Pain (Neck & Low back pain)
- Acute and Chronic Sciatica
- Chronic and Sub-acute Stroke
- Ligament Sprains
- Cervical Radiculopathy (Neck and/or arm pain due to a "pinched" nerve)
our treatment process addresses:
1. your environment:
2. your body:
• Joint mobilization
• Neuromuscular facilitation
• Functional taping techniques
• Soft tissue mobilization: dry needling, cupping, and active release techniques
• Self - care mobility techniques
• Motor-control and balance exercises
• Functional exercise progressions and regressions
manual & movement therapy
will target any of the following:
- Control Inflammatory tissue (i.e Tendonitis) via self-care education on unloading and fatigue management strategies.
- Postural re-education
- Movement Dysfunction
- Address protective muscle spasms
- Instability and Hypermobility
- Joint stiffness
- Address tissue stiffness caused by scar tissue
and adhesions (Tendonopathy and Tendonosis)
- Motor Control Dysfunction
what to expect:
1. After completing online intake forms, scheduling the evaluation, we ask that you schedule a 15 minute pre-evaluation phone call. This phone call is conducted after we've studied your intake forms.
2. The 75 min physical exam is a full body manual orthopedic functional exam. Please dress to appropriately. Expose the spine and shoulder blades. Shorts or spandex are preferred to not restrict the lower body during the functional exam.
3. You will receive a verbal and written explanation as to why you might be hurting, the potential source(s) of the problem, and a plan of action.
4. You will be invited to create an online client account with Functional Movement Systems' New Pro 360 Client Management Software. Here you will be able to access your customized functional home exercise programming that is built based on our findings during evaluation. Your online account includes built in instructional videos to ensure proper focus and movement practice.