about Movement wellness:
Can help you minimize unnecessary repetitive stress injuries through early detection and screening. We can also help you maintain or progress your current physical health and well being.
Why you are here:
- You are not dealing with a current injury. (If you are, check out our Rehab Services.)
- You want to improve your mobility but you're not sure where to focus.
- You want to improve your stability, strength, and balance.
- You're sick of getting hurt every time you get back to the gym or any activity.
- You want perspective and guidance for physical activity planning.
- You'd like an ergonomic screening & opinion as it relates to your body's current orthopedic limitations.
- You want professional strength & conditioning advice on training and programming implications based on your movement screen & assessment findings.
- You want to identify your body's weakest link(s), because you know that you're only as strong as your weakest link.
neuropedics' process addresses:
1. Your environment:
2. your body:
• Joint mobilization
• Neuromuscular facilitation
• Functional taping techniques
• Soft tissue mobilization: dry needling, cupping, and active release techniques
• Self - care mobility techniques
• Motor-control and balance exercises
• Functional exercise progressions and regressions
manual therapy and hands-on movement coaching:
establish the following movement wellness qualities:
- Joint health
- Joint mobility
- Joint strength
- Core endurance in various postures
- Soft tissue mobility
- Motor control
- Movement coordination
- Movement awareness
- Movement quality
- Movement variability
- Postural variability
movement wellness consultation:
What to Expect:
- The 1 hour process will put you through the Functional Movement Screen to see if you have control of your body weight in basic movement patterns that challenge both your mobility and stability limits.
- You will be put through an active and passive mobility assessment process to establish a baseline for basic joint health, mobility, and motor control. Please dress to appropriately expose the spine and shoulder blades. Shorts or spandex are preferred to not restrict the lower body during the functional exam.
- After the assessment you will receive a verbal explanation & written report summarizing your relevant screening & assessment findings.
- You will be invited to create an online client account with Functional Movement Systems' New Pro 360 Client Management Software. Here you will be able to access your customized functional home exercise programming that is built based on our findings during screening. Your online account includes built in instructional videos to ensure proper focus and movement practice.